Philippines (PHI) is the only civilized nation (if release from Spain) in all Asia in the beginning of the Victoria 2 and Victoria 2 Heart of Darkness. It has three islands that include all the 11 territories that will be granted to this nation: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
Initial Position, Vision and Mission Edit
- The Philippines has a high chance of conquering the three neighboring countries in its southern part: Brunei, Atjeh and Johore.
- Due to uncivilized state of Siam, the Philippines can initially set a concession of state from this nation. Same as Btoma and Luang Prabang, the player can decide to make a puppet state or conquest. Depends on your government and economic standard, everything will set on your course of action.
- Korea is a good strategic location against China and its coal and iron deposits are useful enough to sustain yourself after you unlock Electricity, Airplane and Tanks.
- Dai Nam will become your key passage in Guangxi and will become your puppet/part of your nation if you desire to conquer it. They'll produce 7 units after you've occupied its whole territory.
- The aim of this nation is to become more powerful than Netherlands and Spain in order to take the West New Guinea, Java, Sumatra, Borneo and other islands in Asia.
- Ethiopia and Zulu will become your first colonies in Africa. This uncivilized countries will become your key passage and its population ais ore convenient to recruit more troops. Once you have the colonial power, you may now begin your conquest of taking over Africa. It is also increases your naval capabilities to build more ships.
- Texas is also a good practice of industrializing of your nation. This nation has a lot of laborers and soldiers to recruit. You may also set it free and become your satellite state in America. However, I fully suggest not to do if you're not strong enough to defend yourself in Pacific.
MIDDLE EAST Edit
- Israel will become your key passage in the Mediterranean Sea and Muslim states. You need at least 70 military power to take over this state from Ottoman Empire. (Only for Great Power)
- Persia is a secondary nation you might add it as a puppet. It won't help you to make this state as part of your nation because a lot of them don't like becoming your province. Rebel forces will show up in the year 1870's to 1900 if you don't release this as one of your satellites.
In order to become powerful nation and doesn't like to cheat, the following guidelines will show you how you can become a Secondary Power and promote yourself to Great Power (No.1).
Year 1836 A.D (Beginning Process) Edit
- Select Spain and click Politics. Once you open this menu, you may see four categories: Select Release Puppet Philippines and Play As.
- Once you begin to control the whole region of the Philippine territories, follow the following procedure: a. Set National Focus (Clergymen) in Luzon and Mindanao. Due to the massive amount of farmers and laborers in this site, this will encourage a lot of businessmen to invest their money in these regions.; b. Research Medicine and c. Go to Budget and set your tariff to 40%. The reason is to get more money and prepare more budget for your future conquest.
- Now set your timer to five bar to begin your time-lapse .
Note: Don't build troops and ships yet. Because if you do that, you won't get 1% clergymen and clerks in your 4 years rebuilding and projects to support your nation's first industrialization process. Waiting for 4 years will help you to promote and encourage a lot of farmers to become your elite soldiers in year 1840.
Year 1840-1846 A.D. (First Conquest and Industrialization Set up) Edit
- Set Increase Relation to Japan, UK, and Netherlands every time you have the chance. Never ever forget to do that or else in the year 1860, all of these nation will become hostile against you and will do everything in order to take some states from your hands. Once you gain their trust, you might possibly to get a military access or/and an ally instead.
- There is chances that you're being conceived in Sphere of Influence by USA and UK. I suggest for you to decrease your relationship not exceeding to 90.
- Research Stock Exchange (Tax) to increase the level of your tax efficiency.
- Strictly research these following data in order: Administrative level (Culture) > Medicine (Industry) > Positivism (Culture) > State and Government (Culture) > Practical Steam Engine (Industry) > Late Classical Theory (Technology) > Organized Factories (Technology) > Market Structure (Technology).
- Take over Brunei. Infamy will only increase to more than 1.06%. After taking over this state, send your troops (One Division: 30 troops) to Johore, Atjeh (Ally of Johore) and demand Protectorate, as well. After the conquest of these states, set National Focus (Bureaucrats) first in Brunei and Johore. This type of population will help to establish the states without concerning rebellion and poverty. They will help you to maintain order and stability without worry if it again at least 2%. Brunei will become your potential ally if you release them after you conquer the uncivilized and uncolonized state of North Borneo formthe ing Confederate States of Brunei and bectom one of the future important states in this game because of Oil whilst Johore will become your potential contributor of cheap precious metals and grains if you release them, as well. In ythe ear 1845, you may put the National Focus to Atjeh from Brunei.
- After 2 years, take another loan, build 5 frigates and another troops in your mainland (at least 15 troops per division). There might be a high chance of hostile approaches from other neighboring nations especially Japan. At least, you're almost prepared for the worst case scenarios.
- In year 1844, change your ruling party from Partido Nationalista to Partido Traditional. Setting this type of government will help you to start to build your infrastructures and the beginning of your industrialization. Once you see in your Production that a lot of Artisan and Craftsmen become unemployed, you must begin the project initialization. Only build one factory per region (Luzon, Visayas and, Mindanao). a.) Cement Factory b.) Glass Factory and c.) Liquor (Luzon is the most compatible region for this type of business). After 2 years, your economy will surprisingly boost faster than the United Kingdom and other states and increase your industrialization points too.
- Between the end of 1845 to 1846, you may start to send expedition to Africa and conquer Ethopia or/and attack Korea. Just remember to put some sea blockade in each regions tat might become the route of each alliesy Korea especially Dai Nam and China.
- Pay the whole amount of your external debt from other nations if you reach almost 500,000 pounds in your national budget.
Note: The following steps will contribute a lot of help and assistance from your first try. If you don't like to cheat, follow this kind of set up. This will help you to increase from rank 24 to rank 17 after 5 yearsof reparation. Taking loans might be not your type but if you don't like to make your people get rebellious you must sacrifice your selfishness in order to satisfy their needs. You may gain at least 120 prestige, 21 military strength, potentially increase your diplomacy and decrease/increase militancy.
Year 1846 A.D. to 1865 A.D. (Foreign Investment First Phase) Edit
The population growth of the Philippines is slow and the player must prioritize this issue. The only problem occurs in your nation is your lack of resources, manpower, and administrative skills. Even you create a lot of businesses, it is not enough to support the mass since you have to import more goods and always make sure to control the trade industry, if possible. Always remember, no matter how great a nation there's always a need to subsidize your economy.
The Philippines has only three regions to build up your business. Since you have fewer artisans, clerks and slow pace of research because of education is gradually keeping up, you have to search for several countries where foreigners like you are welcomed to invest there.
The effects of our national focus (clergy) will make our research faster but slow growth of research points. If the clergymen have reached at least 2.1 to 4.5 in Luzon, you can start to change it from clergymen to soldiers. You need to do it because the more you invest your national focus on it will automatically decrease your chance to have soldiers at your command.
Take note, you need more than 2% of clergymen in every region of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao to gain many research points and increase your education. Never ever forget the importance of education in your country.
National Focus of Luzon : (January 1836: Clergymen) > (August 1860: Soldiers)
National Focus of Mindanao: (January 1836: Clergymen) > (January 1865: None)
National Focus of Visayas: (January 1836: None) > (January 1865: Clergymen)
Luzon and Mindanao is the most important region in the Philippines. They are highly valued provinces with good resources and manpower. However, Visayas is the most dominant province because of its high population of farmers. Compare to Mindanao, it has the second-highest population in the nation.
Since Mindanao has few population, it is slow in upgrading your laborers to clergymen.
Foreign countries to Invest: (more than 500,000 golds)
- Netherlands (Dutch Indies: Indonesia always)
- Japan (1865)
- British Raj
- United States of America
These eleven nations are the most open countries for foreign aid and investment. If you desire to invest more in Europe, Sweden is good however, they will close their borders for you after several years.
Note: Spending your money is good and it will boost your productivity level. It will also increase your industry rank from the top 15 or 20 however, it will take time. The foreign money you spent there will gradually return back to your nation. Yet, it is not enough to compete against 16.5K per month of the United Kingdom. You won't even reach the top since you're lagging behind in the Industry.